- The scholarship is available for students age 18 and up.
- You must either have been accepted to attend, or be already enrolled at, an accredited college, university or conservatory as a theatre major with the intent of becoming a professional actor.
- The deadline for registration is May 15, 2020.
Registration Requirements (Please Note: Your registration must be completed online):
- Complete the entire registration form.
- Write a 300 word essay in Word format telling why you wish to become a professional actor.
- Please be sure to hit the “submit” button after you have completed the registration form and uploaded your essay.
Following Your Registration:
1) You will be assigned an audition time slot by Larry Gard, who will contact you by email after the audition. Due to practical considerations, you may not choose your own time slot.
2) Auditions for the scholarship will take place at
The Firehouse Theatre
1609 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA, 23220
between 9 AM and 5 PM on May 23, 2020.
(See below for directions)
3) The two scholarship recipients will be chosen from the auditions delivered on May 23, 2020.
1) You will be expected to perform two memorized, contrasting monologues of your own choosing. Each monologue may not be over 2 minutes.
2) You will have exactly 5 minutes to complete the entire audition from the second you begin your introduction. Time limitations will be strictly enforced. If your audition time exceeds 5 minutes, you will be told to stop at the 5 minute mark, and you will be disqualified.
3) Upon arrival at the auditions, please give the stage manager 3 copies of your theatre resume and headshot. Failing to provide these materials will disqualify you from the auditions.
4) Please note that if, in the opinion of the adjudicators, there is no-one among the registered applicants deserving of the scholarship funds, then there will be no funds rewarded.
Directions to Chamberlayne Actors Theatre