Thank you for your application. You will be contacted soon.
- There are no age restrictions.
- You must be a Virginia native.
- You must either have been accepted to attend, or be already enrolled at, an accredited college, university or conservatory as a theatre major with the intent of becoming a professional actor.
Registration Requirements (Please Note: Your registration must be completed online):
- Pay the $10.00 registration fee via PayPal (link provided).
- Complete the entire registration form.
- Write a 300 word essay telling why you wish to become a professional actor.
- Please be sure to hit the “send” button after you have completed both the registration form and the essay.
Following Your Registration:
1) You will be assigned an audition time slot by Larry Gard, who will contact you by email no later than March 1, 2018. Due to practical considerations, you may not choose your own time slot.
2) Initial auditions will take place at Name of Theatre in Richmond, VA, between 9 AM and 4 PM on April 21 and 22, 2018.
3) Final auditions for the top 6 auditionees will take place at Name of Theatre between 9 AM and noon on April 28, 2018.
1) You will be expected to perform two memorized, contrasting monologues of your own choosing. Each monologue may not be over 2 minutes.
2) You will have exactly 5 minutes to complete the entire audition from the second you begin your introduction. Time limitations will be strictly enforced. If your audition time exceeds 5 minutes, you will be told to stop at the 5 minute mark, and you will be disqualified.
3) Upon arrival at the auditions, please give the stage manager 3 copies of your theatre resume and headshot. Failing to provide these materials will disqualify you from the auditions.
4) Please note that if, in the opinion of the adjudicators, there is no-one among the registered applicants deserving of the scholarship funds, then there will be no funds rewarded.